What’s PAT Testing?
PAT testing, or Portable Appliance Testing, is the process of safety testing electrical appliances and equipment to ensure that they are safe to use.
This is done by checking for any potential electrical hazards, such as exposed wiring or damaged insulation, which could lead to an electric shock or fire.
PAT Testing Checklist
The formal visual inspection is vital to the PAT testing process, and around 90% of faults with electrical appliances are found during this stage according to HSE.
- Ensure that all equipment is turned off and unplugged before beginning the visual inspection. The checklist below includes:
- The plug: We inspect for any indications of damage, such as cracks or burns, and that the wiring is correct. The live, neutral, and earth conductors should all be firmly connected to their respective terminals. So, if you have any specific information please inform our team.
- Provide us any detail you have related to the inspection.
- Update us before we reach your area that there is any ladder or specific material we need to do inspections.
- The appliance: Any signs of damage will be checked for, this includes: cracks, burns, discoloration, corrosion and casing wear and tear.
- The mains socket: While this isn’t part of a PAT test, it should be included in the visual inspection. The main testing of sockets is done during a fixed wire test–looking for cracks, overheating or any loose fittings.
Can I do a PAT test myself?
Nope, It is always best to have a professional PAT tester conduct the tests to ensure that all appliances are safe to use.
How much does a PAT test cost?
The cost of a PAT test can vary depending on the size and type of business and homes, as well as the number of appliances that need to be tested. However, the average cost is around £65 – £100 per year.
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable way to test your appliances for safety, Give Us a Call.
We offer pat testing services that will ensure your appliances are safe to use in your home or office.
Our team is experienced and qualified to provide you with the best possible service, so don’t hesitate to Get In Touch today.