Checklist for customer’s for EICR (electrical installation condition report)
- Before the test, the engineer must be able to reach and see all areas of the board and socket without any obstacles in their way.
- Before the test, any defective fixed fittings must be identified. Broken light switches, electrical wiring, electrical shocks, faulty wiring, light fittings, fire hazards, electrical faults, wiring regulations, defect frayed sockets, and damaged outlets are examples of faulty hardware.
- Prior to the test, all delicate equipment must be disconnected for electrical safety of our qualified electrician.
- It is crucial for the Fuse board to be labeled; all relevant circuits must be identified precisely so the engineer can carry out the inspection.
- Should the engineer find the installation to be unsafe at any point during testing, the test will be stopped and recommendations for improvement will be given to the customer.
- You can also provide past EICR inspected and tested data if you have like past EICR report.
When should I follow these checklists?
Before one of our electricians attends your property to do an electrical certificate, you should follow these checklists.
Is it mandatory to follow the following checklist?
These checklists are not mandatory but if you follow these, they can help EICR checkers and save both of your time.
What is EICR?
EICR is an abbreviation for Electrical Installation Condition Report. EICR is a document that provides a full and comprehensive assessment of the state of an electrical installation. EICR is also known as a ‘periodic safety inspection report’.
Why should I get EICR certification or electrical installation inspection?
There are many reasons why you should get EICR certification.
EICR certification can help you save money by identifying problems with your electrical installation early before they become bigger and more expensive to fix.
EICR certification can also help you keep your family safe by ensuring your electrical installation is up to date and in good working order.
Finally, EICR certification can help you sell or rent out your property more easily, as it proves that the electrical installation has been inspected and is in good condition.
How can I get EICR Certification?
If you would like to get EICR certification, you can contact the LPC Team or can fill out the Contact Us form.