Baxi is one of the most popular brands in the market when it comes to household gas boilers you know that you get equipment that combines low operating costs with the highest performance and reliability when setting up a Baxi boiler.
The most crucial part of this maintenance is an annual maintenance of the boiler by a Gas Safe engineer who will ensure that it is operating safely and with maximum efficiency, which means that your heating bills are kept as low as possible. Standard boiler service gives you the peace of mind of knowing your boiler is safe to use, but it also means it won’t creep or use more fuel than it needs to, which could cost you more!
What is a boiler service?
The boiler should be serviced by a heating engineer who will visit your home to perform various tests and checks on your boiler to ensure that it is operating safely and as efficiently as possible. This should be done once a year by a Gas Safe licensed engineer for gas boilers or by an OFTEC licensed engineer if you have oil fired boiler.
For Baxi Boiler Service you need to find an approved Gas Safe engineer, which means they are included on the official UK list of engineers legally authorized to work on gas appliances. You can check if an engineer is registered by visiting the Gas Safe Register website and you should always ask to see their Gas Safe ID card when you arrive to repair your boiler.
Why is it important to maintain your Baxi boiler?
Security Safety is probably the primary goal of an annual Baxi boiler service, as it can expose potentially fatal issues like a carbon monoxide leak. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause illness, brain damage, and even death.
If you have a slight concern that carbon monoxide is coming from your Baxi boiler (the pilot light should be blue, not yellow or orange), you should contact an engineer immediately – don’t wait until your next service is due.
Reduce your heating bills
Knowing that your heating bills are as low as possible is often enough motivation to attend your annual service appointment. The engineer will verify that all parts of the boiler are in the best possible condition so that it can achieve maximum efficiency for a longer period.
Even the smallest flaw could one day turn into a major problem. Organizing a boiler service every year will bring minor issues to the attention of a professional engineer before it gets bigger and avoids a large repair bill.
Boiler maintenance checklist
- A Baxi boiler service by a knowledgeable Gas Safe engineer includes efficiency and safety checks and gives the engineer the ability to ensure that nothing needs to be replaced or repaired. A complete maintenance of the boiler should take at least 30 minutes.
- The engineer will visually check the boiler to make sure there is no corrosion or leakage and the flame is burning blue as that means it is properly burning fuel.
- They will then remove the boiler shell to check and clean internal components such as the heat exchanger, burner, main injector, safety devices and spark probe.
- The engineer will ensure that the smoke terminals are not obstructed and that they are installed securely and that the joints, water and gas lines are intact.
- Finally, the boiler will be commissioned so that the engineer can look for boiler malfunctions, temperature controls, or potential issues to be repaired.
- At the end of the service, you will receive a service report detailing what they have done. If you don’t understand anything about the report and want clarification, the engineer can explain it to you.
How much does a Baxi boiler service cost?
If your Baxi boiler is working as it should, with no known issues, a standard service would normally cost around £ 100 including VAT. However, not all companies charge the same price. Some can be a bit cheaper, with domestic carriers costing up to £ 120.
Sometimes it is possible to save money on the cost of maintaining a boiler by taking care of it in the summer rather than the winter. It also means you can fix all the little issues before the really cold weather hits and you depend on your boiler for heat and hot water. If the engineer discovers a defect, you will have to pay for the repair in addition to the service charge.